The “NMBA”:http://www.nmba.ca has a big event coming up at the end of March and we’ve only got until Valentine’s to benefit from the early-bird price. And hey, early-birds get a chance to win a 60BG iPod with video too!
“iSUMMIT 2006 – Content That Pays”:http://www.isummit.ca/ will be held at the MaRS Collaboration Centre in Toronto Canada, March 29th to 31st, 2006. iSUMMIT is a international entertainment and media event dedicated to the business of digital content on interactive platforms.
The list of confirmed speakers is pretty impressed:
* Ted Cohen, Senior VP – Digital Development & Distribution, EMI Music
* JD Lasica, Chief Cat Herder, OurMedia & Author of DarkNet
* Norm Bolen, Executive Vice-President, Content, Alliance Atlantis
* Mike Lee, Chief Strategy Officer, Rogers
* Maria Hale, VP Content Business Development, CHUM
* Matthew Mullenweg, Founding Developer, WordPress
* Shawn Hall, Director, Starcom Mediavest
* Albert Lai, CEO, Bubbleshare
* Jim Griffin, Managing Director, OneHouse LLC
* Jake Gold, President, the Management Trust
* Raja Khanna, Chief Creative Officer, QuickPlay Media
* Michael Geist, Research Chair, Internet & e-Comm. Law, University of Ottawa
* Paul Marino, Executive Director, Academy of Machinima Arts & Sciences
* Mclean Mashingdaize Greaves, Executive Producer, Nimble Inc.
* Jowi Taylor, Producer, bright eyed inevitable inc. & Global Village (CBC)
* James Lewis, Editor, Canadian New Media
* Mark Bishop, President, marblemedia
* Charles Zamaria, Project Director; Canadian Internet Project
* Scott Campbell, US Media & Comm. Industry Advisor, British Consulate-General
Haven’t heard of iSUMMIT yet, here’s the scoop:
bq.. Organized and presented by the New Media Business Alliance (NMBA), iSUMMIT is produced with the financial participation of Telefilm Canada, administrator of The Canada New Media Fund funded by the Department of Canadian Heritage, the Ontario Media Development Corporation, the Bell Broadcast and New Media Fund, CBC.ca, CHUM limited and UK Trade and Investment.
The New Media Business Alliance (NMBA) is a not-for-profit industry organization committed to the development of the Ontario interactive digital content industry.
p. Definitely worth checking out!