One Degree’s June Li takes a stab at the submitted Ask A Marketer question, by providing some helpful tips. Her response is below:
- Marketing questions first – How is your brand different from the the competition? What makes customers more likely to buy from you than your competition? Is your merchandising a point of difference? Your knowledge?
- Decide what success looks like. Ten more customers who arrive at the store having found your store on the Web?
- Understand your prospects and customers.
- Do customers really buy furniture on the Web? Or do they look, then go to the store to touch and feel, sit in/on it, etc.?
- If there’s a web special, do some folks look, go to the store and then go home and buy online to get the lower price? [Hey – it happens with books!]
- Do customers buy appliances on the Web? …etc, etc. Is it worth the time and $ to put the products on the site? Don’t forget maintenance. (Just posted this morning on my blog about personas. A different aspect – more about marketing accountability but you might be interested in a short blurb about using personas)