Hey, uh…how ’bout that Google Chrome?
Chrome-tastic Posts and Info
- Google Chrome – explained via comic!
- Google Chrome – explained via bullet points at Google Blogoscoped!
- Chantelle Oliver on the Walrus Blog writes one of the best explanations of why Chrome is revolutionary in Google Logic: Everybody Must Get Chromed
- Not a Canadian (but a very smart guy), Jeremiah Owyang talks about one of the implications of Chrome – URLs going away – in his post URLs will be an Anachronism. Natural SEO rises in importance (again). Marketers, take note!
Thanks to Our Sponsors!
- Commune Media reveals why "being clever" kills your results
- Cool gigs: Web Content Coordinator at Petro-Canada
Junior Motion Graphics Designer at Teehan+Lax
Web Marketing Project Manager
Interesting Bookmarks from the Backchannel
- CNN Heavily Promoting Twitter On Air, Making Big Moves in Social Media
- Canadian Domains Are More Valuable | The Other Bloke’s Blog
- Top 100 .com Reported Domain Sales in 2008 (as of August 20) | Namer.ca
Got a good link for the backchannel? Just tag it on delicious.com with the tag "onedegree".
Releases, Announcements and News
Chick Advisor Turns Two and Launches a New Look – Chick Advisor‘s Version 2.0 (set to coincide with the site’s second anniversary) has officially launched. Chick Advisor co-founder Alex de Bold (who we interviewed back when Chick Advisor first launched) tells us the new design features a cleaner interface, revamped member profiles, new interactive features and ChickAdvisor’s new video series, ChickChat TV. Check out the new, improved Chick Advisor!
Wireless Soapbox – Mighty has just launched www.wirelesssoapbox.com, a forum for people who believe that cellular can be done better. On behalf of Globalive, Canada’s newest entrant to the wireless market, they want to give Canadians a chance to voice their opinions. Have a complaint? Air it. Have an idea? Share it. Ask a question. Start a discussion. Whatever… it’s up to you. Choose a topic and get involved.
Good News for Startups
Sun Microsystems’ Startup Essentials Program – Sun Microsystems’ new "startup essentials" program offers its members 75% discounts on Servers, Storage, Web Hosting, Workstations, etc., as well as free software and tech advice to all members. Sign up for the program is completely free, as long as you are a Canadian Startup. For more about the program, visit the Sun Startup Essentials site.
Angelsoft 3.0 Launched – Looking for investors for your startup? Any startup looking for investors can post their pitch at Angelsoft. Angelsoft‘s latest version offers tools to investors and those seeking capital.
This Week’s Video Meme
Terry Talks is a new initiative by some great folks at UBC to bring the magic of TED to an undergraduate forum. You can read about the plan at the Terry Talks site but even if you’re not on the west coast, check out this great video they put together called “Things to avoid when speaking publically”. Great tips for anyone giving a presentation!Follow us!