Many Thanks to Our Sponsors & Advertisers!
- Fancy being the Director of Digital Media in one of the prettiest places on earth? Idea Factory has the gig for you!
- The Art of Sales is headed to Calgary on June 12, 2009. And we've got a pair of tickets to give away!!
- nextMEDIA is coming up fast in Banff, June 5-7, 2009. Only a few more weeks til we're hobnobbing with media moguls and digital divas!
- Two great keynotes are lined up for Search Engine Strategies in Toronto, June 8-10, 2009. Plus, OneDegree readers get a 15% discount!
Seen Around the Blogosphere
- Six Reasons Why Your Blog Is Your Most Important Social Media Tool
- Paid to "Tweet" – A day in the life of a Social Media "Twintern"
- Trendwatching [a great read anytime] Business 2 Consumer trends to help stimulate the economy?
- Microsoft plays a Jedi mind trick on netbook owners [It's not the Windows 7 you're looking for…move along]
- Nielson kicks off a bit of a Twitter Tornado with recent analysis.
- Another View on the Twittersphere
- Nielsen Sticking by Twitter Quitter Analysis
- When you need to Zen out a bit: The Tao of Online Marketing
Heard on Twitter
- @karlkovacs: Twitter Search to Become Real Search: http://bit.ly/KooBG
(Twitter search will soon start crawling the links included in tweets)
- Though acquired by Bell (see below) the Virgin flava will remain the same: "virginmobilecan: @jayradio Don't worry, Bell has just licensed us.
Virgin does it round the world. Everything here stays the same and
we're still in charge."
Interesting Bookmarks from the Backchannel
- Web Analytics Sharpen University's Marketing Buys
- Journalism school requires iPhone or iPod Touch
- When free can generate revenue: Just how much money can free iPhone apps make?
- Neat twist on communications gaffe: Vegas to Biden: You shoulda been here
- Sears & Kmart relaunch social media sites: Attention Kmart Shoppers: Your Social Elements Are On Aisle 3
Releases, Announcements and News
- Bell acquires rest of Virgin Mobile but the song remains the same…
- New version of Seesmic DESKTOP (a multi-pane Twitter client similar to TweetDeck) released
- New Kindle from Amazon. We can rebuild him! Bigger, stronger, faster: here and here
- Is Kindle's window of opportunity be closing? How the Apple iPad Could Kill the Kindle
- Price and versatility considerations: What to buy: Kindle 2 or a netbook?
- Can Jumbo Kindle Save Students' Backs – and the Newspaper Industry's Neck?
- OneDegree Redux: Worth revisiting: What My 15-Year Old Son Taught Me About Marketing
- Helpful advice: Eight ways to attend a conference
- Top 10 [original] Star Trek Inventions in Use Today