Many Thanks to Our Sponsors & Advertisers!
- AdLounge is hosting the very cool Art from the Unexpected event in Toronto on June 16. Sounds like one heck of an evening!
- Hey, Calgarians! The Art of Sales is headed to Calgary on June 12, 2009. Sign up to hear four amazing speakers on the fine art of selling, Plus, mention "onedegree.ca" when you call or register online to qualify for the special rate of $249! (regular rate $349).
- nextMEDIA in Banff, June 5-7, 2009 is coming up really quick.
- Just a week til Search Engine Strategies in Toronto! we've previewed several of the panelists this week and we have one more feature next week on Paid Search. Watch for it! And don't forget, OneDegree readers get a 15% discount at SES!
- Next Wednesday (June 3), it's time for you measurement-types to get your Web Analytics on!
Seen Around the Blogosphere
- Henna at Canadian Beauty responds to the Business Week article that talks about the new guidelines the FTC is putting in place for bloggers and compares it with the history of product reviews in magazines, Moderating Bloggers – Response to Business Week Article.
- In her post "It's All About the Simple", Jennifer Tribe offers a good reminder about avoiding jargon and illustrates her point with two very different descriptions about the same technology.
Heard on Twitter
- benlucier Cool: Primus Canada launched Calltweet! Call a local number, record a message and a tweet is sent linking to the audio. http://bit.ly/hXceM
- mitchjoel "being in a start-up is like being in a recession forever." – great line at #imcmeet.
- andrew_goodman So many tweets & RT's greet a thoughtfully researched blog post. Folks rarely link anymore, but they sure link on Twitter! #ispagerankbroken
- chrissychrzan Kokanee redesigns – really hope the kept the hidden Sasquatch on the cans/bottles http://bit.ly/hvGIx
Releases, Announcements and News
- With all the talk of gloom and doom in the publishing world it's interesting that the New York Times creates a new position for Social Media Editor
- Both Facebook and OpenX add cash to their coffers – Facebook gets cash boost, but is Web 2.0 on the wane? and OpenX Raises 10 Million to Serve Ads
- Rogers Media launches the first Canadian all news radio Blackberry app offering up-to-the-minute info for the Greater Toronto Area. The 680News Blackberry application can be downloaded for free at www.680news.com/mobile
- The first Android phones are coming to Canada via Rogers (the HTC Dream and HTC Magic). Sweet.
- Looking for your next gig? Working.com is hosting a Canada-wide virtual career fair.