From Our Sponsors & Advertisers
- The Ontario Securities Commission has an open position for a Communications Specialist/Writer in Toronto
- Search Engine Strategies San Jose is a few weeks away. This week we interviewed SES Speaker Laura Lippay – Director of Technical Marketing for Yahoo! – about in-house SEO. Check it out! And remember – OneDegree readers get 15% off registration when you use the code SJ15OD
This week's WIR curator is Erin Raimondo. Erin is the intern at LintBucket Media in charge of scone acquisition and latte liberation.
In the News:
- It's a summer wedding for Amazon and Zappos – as of Wednesday, July 22nd, Zappos will be a wholly-owned subsidiary of Amazon.
- Had a good year at the online auction house? The Ebay 5th Annual Entrepreneur of the Year Awards will be bestowed upon Canada’s most successful and entrepreneurial eBay sellers.
- KPMG/Backbone Magazine have announced the winners of their second annual PICK20 Web2.0 Awards
From Canadian Marketing Blogs:
- Tamera Kremer discusses the value of research and stats in social media, proving demographics and psycographics continue to be relevant.
- Alexandra Samuel shares a case study on how to use social media to find your dream hire.
- Phil Barrett tells us that his next business card will have an augmented reality code.
- Linda Bustos pulls together some tips, tricks and resources on using Google's Webmaster Tools.
Heard on Twitter:
- @mynameiskate Vanity Fair cleans up (i.e. makes professional) @AKGovSarahPalin's resignation speech. Very instructive. http://tr.im/tAHL
- @jgombita – Feature in today's Persuasion: Cookie Monster has spoken, advertisers have listened …vow to restrict marketing to kids.. http://tr.im/sQnH
- Some good commonsense about how PR folks can find quality local bloggers http://tr.im/tGiw
- Very clear graph showing how folks share content on the web (in response to FB stats): http://tr.im/toUA
Viral Video of the Week:Follow us!