We’re really excited to be adding our first major new feature since the Preview Release of One Degree went live a few weeks ago. Starting today we’ll be posting an ongoing series of interviews with prominent and interesting movers and shakers in the online industry. Most will be Canadian, but not all.
We’re kicking off with “Five Questions For Adrian Capobianco”:http://www.onedegree.ca/2005/05/09/five-questions-for-adrian-capobianco on his first day as VP Interactive at FUSE here in Toronto. Prior to taking this role Adrian was VP of Client Services at Publicis NetWorks.
We’ve got a few other interviews in the can and we’ll be posting those in coming days. But I’m hoping to get some feedback from you our faithful One Degree readers (we know you’re out there, we’ve see the web stats). Who would you like to see give five answers to our Five Questions?
Add your comments below or “drop us a line”:http://www.onedegree.ca/contact.
Here are your pre-filtered online marketing links for May 9, 2005
* “LukeW – The History of Amazon’s Tab Navigation”:http://www.lukew.com/ff/entry.asp?178
* “Jakob Nielsen’s Alertbox – Mental Models For Search Are Getting Firmer”:http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20050509.html
* “NYT – A Blog Revolution? Get a Grip”:http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/08/business/yourmoney/08blog.html
* “Wired News – Spitzer Sets Sights on Spyware”:http://www.wired.com/news/privacy/0,1848,67457,00.html
* “Twist Image – Linking And The Marketing Conundrum”:http://www.twistimage.com/blog/archives/000181.html
* “Search Engine Watch – Converting Searchers to Buyers”:http://searchenginewatch.com/searchday/article.php/3503366
* “Robin Good – RSS Advertising: How Can I Pull If You Keep Pushing?”:http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2005/05/09/rss_ads_should_we_push.htm
* “Adverblog – The (Audi) A4 sum of the parts challenge”:http://www.adverblog.com/archives/001385.htm
I can’t say that I’ve *ever* received that error message without finding out it was my fault but right now I’m showing “Google”:http://www.google.com/ down but everything else online seems to be working fine.
“Gmail”:http://gmail.google.com/ is down right now too.
Hmm. Is it just me? How long ’til withdrawl sets in?
_Update 1: Looks like it’s not just me. Posts are starting to “show up at Technorati”:http://www.technorati.com/cosmos/search.html?rank=&url=google. It also appears that Adsense ads are down. I just checked “Fred Wilson’s A VC”:http://avc.blogs.com/ and there are no ads showing._
_Update 2: Was down, isn’t now._
_Update 3: “Om Malik says Google was hacked”:http://www.gigaom.com/2005/05/07/google-hacked/ but it may be more accurate to say “hijacked” if this was in fact a DNS issue._
_Update 4: “More reports”:http://hbarbobot.kicks-ass.net/?p=42 that Google’s DNS was temporarily hijacked. The linked post shows the reported whois during the attack. Google registers domains through “alldomains.com”:http://www.alldomains.com/ and their WHOIS is currently showing correct information._
_Update 5: “This comment at Engadget”:http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000610042620/#c231377 seems to clear up why some people were reporting Google being replaced by other sites and why some people thought that whois was showing that Google and other sites were being hijacked. At this point (late Saturday) it seems that it was a temporary hiccup in the DNS and the odds are remote that it was anything nefarious. Still, this seems like *exactly* the time that the “Google Blog”:http://googleblog.blogspot.com/ should have been working overtime to avert a snowballing of misinformation._
Here are your pre-filtered online marketing links for May 7, 2005
* “UPA Voice – Why Listening to Users Can Damage Your Website”:http://www.usabilityprofessionals.org/upa_publications/upa_voice/volumes/2005/april/listening_to_users.html
* “B2B Online – E-mail will decline as a percent of online budget, report predicts”:http://www.btobonline.com/article.cms?articleId=24219
* “Kelsey Group – More Confirmation of Online-Offline Trend”:http://blog.kelseygroup.com/kelsey/index.php?/weblog/more/more_confirmation_of_online_offline_trend/
* “eBizBlog.ca – Shop ’til you drop… online by debit”:http://www.ebizblog.ca/archives/2005/05/shop_til_you_dr.html
* “Other Bloke’s Blog – Business Blogging Brings Internet Visibility”:http://www.strategicmarketingmontreal.ca/2005/05/business-blogging-brings-internet.html
Here are your pre-filtered online marketing links for May 6, 2005
* “Excess Voice – Increase Conversion Rates: Which 4 Tasks Do 80% of Your Site Visitors Hope to Complete?”:http://www.excessvoice.com/article80.htm
* “37 Signals – Google Web Accelerator: Hey, not so fast – an alert for web app designers”:http://37signals.com/svn/archives2/google_web_accelerator_hey_not_so_fast_an_alert_for_web_app_designers.php
* “AdJab – BMW’s 3 makes an impression on Yahoo Finance”:http://www.adjab.com/2005/05/06/bmws-3-makes-an-impression-on-yahoo-finance/
* “Business 2.0 – Point, Click, Sizzle, Burn”:http://www.business2.com/b2/web/articles/0,17863,1058700,00.html