Given I was host and panel moderator of last week’s “AIMS”:http://www.aimscanada.com event on Email Marketing, this isn’t an unbiased review. However the event did confirm for me that there are still a lot of companies and individuals new to the space and needing some encouragement. Which you can find here on onedegree.ca, including the recent post from Stefan Eyram and some how-to’s to come from myself as well.
The event included two speakers from an agency [InBox Marketing Inc.] and a vendor [ThinData], followed by an email marketer’s panel. Here are some of the tips that were shared.
Here are today’s “ClickZ”:http://www.clickz.com articles:
* “Search, Ads by Phone”:http://www.clickz.com/experts/media/media_buy/article.php/3500551 (Tessa Wegert)
* “WII-FM: The No-Cost Media”:http://www.clickz.com/experts/crm/actionable_analysis/article.php/3500641 (Heidi Cohen)
Here are your pre-filtered online marketing links for April 27, 2005
* “GlobeTechnology – How much should newspapers give away?”:http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050426.gtrnews26/BNStory/Technology/
* “ClickZ – Deliverability #1 E-Mail Marketing Headache”:http://www.clickz.com/stats/sectors/email/article.php/3500066
* “UIE – Folksonomies: A User-Driven Approach to Organizing Content”:http://www.uie.com/articles/folksonomies/
* “CMO Magazine – Key Trends in the Internet and Emerging Consumer Technologies”:http://www.cmomagazine.com/analyst/042505_jupiter.html
* “ClickZ News – Firefox Market Share Gains Continue”:http://www.clickz.com/stats/sectors/traffic_patterns/article.php/3500691
There are many reasons to use email in your marketing mix and many marketers do. A recent edition of “DoubleClick’s Consumer Email Study”:http://www3.doubleclick.com/market/2004/10/dc/email.htm?c=0410_smr&id_lead=newsletter&id_source=newsletter_0410 confirms that email marketing done well is effective and desired by consumers. A full 2 out of every 5 people surveyed said they wanted email to replace direct mail. Over half of these people would prefer email to replace telemarketing. In addition, just under half would like email to replace person-to-person sales calls.
The main reason for these feelings is likely the fact that email puts the power into the hands – or inboxes – of the individual. They can chose to read and respond if, and when, they prefer. They can also easily save information that is relevant and interesting, while being able to quickly filter out what they feel is a waste of their time.
With this power in the hands of your customers and prospects, how do you ensure your marketing email is received, read and responded to?
Read on for some valuable tips.
Ad:Tech San Francisco just wrapped up and AdAge caught up with Visa USA’s vice president of online advertising and emerging media platforms, Jon Raj. And although TV is still the advertising mainstay, online is getting more and more attention – and budget – at VISA USA.
VISA Veers Heavily Toward Online Marketing (subscription required)