Be sure to check out all five articles in this series:
- Election 2006 and Social Media – The Liberals
- Election 2006 and Social Media – The Green Party
- Election 2006 and Social Media – The NDP
- Election 2006 and Social Media – The Bloc Quebecois
- Election 2006 and Social Media – The Conservatives
Finally we review the Liberal Party of Canada and its use of social media. As the current party in power but with a minority government (and a scandalized one at that), they have a unique challenge in getting their message out to a jaded and weary Canadian public. Will they take advantage of social media to ensure that their support is shored-up and ready for the election? Or will they see their ruling party status as sufficient and ignore the power of the digital conversation?
OK, before we even get to the Liberals, hot off the press, the NDP has blog badges and MSN icons! These were not there a couple of days ago. And then my NDP article was published. Who says one vote, one voice in the wilderness, doesn’t make a difference? Right, on to the Liberals …