It’s been less than three months since I launched my Sweetmantra blog (and less than two months since I told anyone about it) and I can’t believe how many wonderful (and sometimes unexpected) things have already happened because of it:
- I now dominate the Canadian and US Google search results for "Bill Sweetman." (This was not unexpected but I still didn’t think it would happen so quickly.)
- I was invited to be an upcoming guest on Call For Help, an internationally syndicated television show. (Don’t worry, I’ll let you know more details nearer the time.)
- I was asked to speak at a Canadian Marketing Association event about blogging.
- I got mentioned (along with my blog) in seven other industry blogs.
- I got several new business leads, including one from Kansas City, Missouri. Go figure.
- I was contacted by a high school friend who now lives in Singapore and who I haven’t seen in over 20 years.
- Not to mention the fact that my blog played host to 461 unique visitors from 9 different countries who looked at a total of 1,177 pages.
Suffice to say, I am overjoyed by the positive and positively remarkable responses to Sweetmantra. I’d also like to thank Ken Schafer for getting me warmed up to the idea of having my own blog by inviting me to be a contributor to the amazing One Degree and Mitch Joel for upping the ante by introducing me to the term "bloggus interruptus." In other words, they are to blame for this! Thanks guys.
If you don’t have your own blog yet, why not? Let me know what’s holding you back.