Editor’s Note: We’re trying something new this week – a Week in Review post. Let
me know what you think and if there is anything you would
add/subtract. If it proves popular/useful, I can also make it a
separate feed as well as a unique email list for those of you who don’t
want all the articles in your inbox.
Popular On One Degree This Week
- Canada’s Web 2.0 Pioneers – KPMG and Backbone Magazine Announce the Pick 20 Winners
- 5 Questions For Alexander Younger – President, MGT
- Don’t Let Perfect Get in the Way of Good – Notes from Government Web 2.0 Conference
- The Worst Social Media Ad Campaigns of 2007 (SXSW Coverage)
- 10 Facebook Tips for Professionals
New Contributors This Week
week – but you could be featured here next week! We’re always looking
for new contributors who can bring a fresh perspective to digital
marketing and communications colleagues across Canada! We’re
especially looking for viewpoints or case studies from places that
aren’t Toronto 🙂 Halifax, Calgary, PEI – you have great marketers, write for us !
Thanks to Our Sponsors!
We had job ads this week from Conair Canada, Everest Management (recruiter) and the Canadian Standards Association. Check them out!
Seen on Canadian Marketing Blogs This Week
- Linda Bustos walks us through a detailed tutorial on checking a vital metric, Direct Traffic, in Google Analytics.
- Sean Moffitt’s Buzz Canuck has a great "Word of Mouth" monopoly board.
- Dave Fleet tells us that Newspapers are a Growth Business!
- Corby Fine shares 15 ideas for starting your first wiki.
News Items, Press Releases and Product Announcements
- Cuil (pronounced "cool") the new search engine launched. Described as the "Google killer", it has met with mixed reviews.
- Got a note that Veeple.com
is ramping up. Veeple has plans to help you monetize video streams.
It comes from Silicon Valley. Seems similar to what Ottawa’s Overlay.TV
is doing. Except I think Overlay.TV does it better. Speaking of
Overlay – they just moved into 0.9 Beta. Keep track of them on their blog.
is a directory of reviews of Web 2.0 sites. Get a list of the major
sites under topics like "Travel" or "Shopping" or "Dating" (good if you
want to target certain sites for advertising). Each site listed also
has a review and a rating. Good for getting a super-high level
overview of a Web 2.0 vertical.
- Bill Sweetman, long-time One Degree contributor, launched his new project, Hollywoozy – Helping Hollywood Master Its Domains. It’s the first website dedicated to reviewing movie domain names.
Have a great long weekend! We’ll see you back on Tuesday!