Many Thanks to Our Sponsors & Advertisers!
- Planners Unite is holding its premiere event on April 9 and we're giving away 2 tickets!
- The eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit in Toronto and SMX Search Analytics in Toronto. They are being held March 29 to April 1.
- nextMEDIA is being held in Banff, June 5-7, 2009. Come for the speakers and business opportunities. Stay for the mountains and the spa. Early bird rate is on til April 8.
Updates on Us:
- Our Palm Centro winner is Fabrice Calando. Many thanks to all of you who entered and wrote such great text messages! We laughed out loud at several of them!
- Our Twitter team is going like gangbusters at @onedegree
- Thanks to Jeromy Lloyd and Matt Semansky from Marketing Magazine who listed OneDegree.ca in their selection of best blogs for marketers! w00t! Congrats to all our awesome contributors!
Seen Around the Blogosphere
- Spock supports Vulcan in bid to get Star Trek premier – gotta love a story about an Alberta small town, Hollywood marketing, and Star Trek. Spock questions logic of not allowing Alberta town to show 'Star Trek' premiere
- Ada Lovelace Day – March 24th. Suw Charman-Anderson's brilliant idea to dedicate a day of blog posts dedicated to "draw attention to women excelling in technology". Simple idea with great impact. Simply pledge "I will publish a blog post on Tuesday 24th March aboout a woman in technology whom I adminre but only if 1,000 other people will do the same". The campaign received 1,980 pledges of support. Here's the list of posts generated.
Heard on Twitter
- A few twitterers this week commented on the apparent surprises seen on their Rogers iPhone bills – I'm sure it's all a simple misunderstanding.
- Prepping for Earth Hour – sitting in the dark to save the planet.
- Twitter has a revenue model…really!
Interesting Bookmarks from the Backchannel
- KFC looks to fill the void – not in your stomach, the one in your road!
Releases, Announcements and News
- Fox Network roasted over very-un-funny comments about the Canadian military amidst repatriation of war dead. Canadian Defense Minister demand apology, Edmonton nightclub cancels performances by offending comedian.
- Holy Crap!!! CBC cuts 800 jobs, wants to sell assets, and reduces programming. Blue Jays coverage is dropped, though CBC North seems safe for now.
- It's over. Frak. Vancouver's Battlestar Galactica ends…satisfyingly! [Warning – possible spoilers!]
- Google's 'Street View' coming soon to your neighbourhood!
- Uh oh. .CA domain's Prepping for the Conflicker worm.
- Google search, now with more cowbell! – this week Google added 'semantic search' to it's mysterious secret sauce algorithm. "
- Looks like the browser wars are heating up again. Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 is rolling out, and Mozilla's flagship Firefox is getting bogged down in development woes. New-kid on the block, Google Chrome is adding to it's extension library … where will this madness end?
Video Meme of the Week
Speaking of IE8, Microsoft created this video on the history of the Internet to promote the release of IE8. Some of it is pretty funny; some of it a little forced. I do always like watching The Ninja, though. (If you don't think this is interesting, don't blame Brad; I added it in -kt)Follow us!