There are innumerable ways through which a business can market its products, services or opportunities on the net. One can choose to advertise through articles, videos, forums or press releases. One can post ads in classifieds, blog, advertise in article websites, or try his or hand at paid techniques. However, no success can be guaranteed without the use of these 5 valuable skills. For each online marketer, these skills are important to learn and to apply.
Let’s discuss these online marketing skills in detail:
1. Keyword research
When people need to find some information, they type few search phrases in search engines and get relevant results. So, online marketer needs to determine all keywords that people use often when they search for a particular product or service. This process is known as keyword research. Keywords actually rule the whole internet and they drive all forms of internet marketing like articles, videos, blogs, press releases, paid search and so on.
2. Search Engine Optimization (or SEO)
SEO is the most important skill to learn for each and everybody involved in the process of online marketing. It consists of all processes that intend to make websites show higher up in the search engine results so that more and more people could find them.
3. Link Building
Link building techniques are also used by many online marketers to promote the products or services of various businesses. It includes the following:
- Directory submission – It refers to adding blogs and articles of one’s website to various article or blog directories. However, one needs to make sure that the directory to which the website is submitted is genuine and good.
- Targeted links’ requests – In this technique, the online marketer would contact web designers of another website, which is related to his or her own website. He will then ask those web designers to add a particular website’s link to their website.
- Blog commenting – It is one of the most common and popular tasks that bloggers usually do. Every time one comments on a blog that is asking for one’s website URL, it builds links for that website.
4. Social Media Marketing (or SMM)
Everybody knows about social networking sites such as Facebook, twitter, Reddit, Digg, StumbleUpon etc. that are used to keep in touch with all old friends. But when it comes to trade and business, these social sites are being used to carry out various marketing campaigns. They provide a personal way to promote the products and services and can spread the business nationally and even internationally. SMM is a cost effective marketing technique and can play a big role in effectual brand management.
5. Affiliate Marketing
It is becoming an important internet marketing technique, whereby a company gives some incentives or rewards to its affiliates who bring customers by making their own efforts.
As online selling is becoming more significant, marketing skills are also changing day-by-day. But these 5 skills are and will always remain important in the marketing process, though with slight modifications.