I am not a fan of meetings and am a proponent of improved effective communications. It is too easy to spin your wheels in meetings and I cannot remember how many times I have heard people say, "I would be working, but am in meetings talking about all the stuff I should be doing, instead of talking about it in this meeting!"
So, when something comes along to save time, I am all ears. I had the opportunity to do a tour of Lucid Meetings with one of the founders the other day. I have played around with it and tested it – simply, it works!
If you are like me and you have need to meet with folks scattered all over the world, this is a great solution. I personally found the interface very intuitive, nicely laid out, very clean and worked like a charm.
Some of the stuff you can do:
- Set up a secure meeting room for each of your groups
- Use the online agenda and manage the speaker queue to keep the discussion on track
- Send email invitations & reminders
- Share your screen or PDF presentations, walking everyone through the document together
- Collaboratively create & publish agendas, including attached reports
- Flag action items and monitor them through completion
- Meeting minutes & records are created instantly and can be exported for offline storage Keep track of time spent during the meeting including how long each speaker is taking
- Integrated conference calling and call recording to capture the discussion
- Vote on motions & decisions in real time
As someone who is very involved in a number of associations this would be an amazing tool to save time, keep everyone on track and make sure agenda items are taken care of – plus have instant minutes recorded!
As a bonus, the folks at Lucid have offered One Degree readers a special 30 day trial and a 10% off discount.
If you want to try it go to –
Use OneDegree code NY2012