By Peter Mosley I am delivering a keynote next month on Professional Presentation Skills. In writing my speech I thought I would share my Five Key Points. Number 1KISS – Keep It Simple Stupid.Too often I see presentation design and format cluttered, obtuse and downright…
In the last installment I finished with my personal mantra:
So, what do I do?
- I try to really know my material.
- Any hesitation is misconstrued as fright.
- I try to prepare as mch as practicable..
- Write down the key phrases.
- Get enough sleep and be alert.
- Practice, practice, practice.
Let's say you are faced with a situation that prevents the above. It happens.
I believe we can all do ad-lib, spur of the moment speeches and presentations. It does take a bit of understanding but here's my theory.
We are all awful at this.
We are all the best at this.