From Our Sponsors & Advertisers
- For all you west coasters, Search Engine Strategies San Jose is on for August 10 – 14, 2009. Some great speakers lined up! We'll hopefully have interviews with a few of them next week.
- eComXpo, the leading virtual show for e-commerce and affiliate marketers, is coming up July 8 & 9, 2009
- eTail East 2009 is being held August 3-6, 2009 in Baltimore.
Seen Around the Blogosphere
- We're number 3, we're number 3!!! Oh, in social media addicted users… Well, you gotta take your wins where you can get 'em.
- Brian Solis offers a pretty comprehensive guide to the values of social media and the tools to use in "Unveiling the New Influencers".
- Jess Sloss provides an interesting perspective on how to buy social media attention effectively while the Fearless Blogger discusses a similar provocative issue with "Will Tweet for Food".
- Twitter makes a bunch of changes to make connecting/conversing more fluid and Facebook tries to get you to "Be Less Private. (This could help with their potential evil nostalgia plan below…)
- Gizapage seems to want to save your sanity by putting your social networks into one central place. Will it succeed?
Seen on Marketing Blogs
of the Consumer makes an excellent point about asking yourself who you
want the face of your company to be – on social media. "The intern trap"
addresses interns being put in charge of social media, but the concept
is something to consider in general. I've had this conversation with a
friend of mine who noted that some don't quite understand: a person who
writes on your Twitter account or blog or other becomes the voice of
your company or organization. As such, one must be mindful of how
passionate and loyal they are about the company or cause.
Marketing Pilgrim looks at the issue of trademarking "Tweet"'.
And a challenge: just try to get this song, "Social Media Blues", out of your head once you hear it…
Heard on Twitter
- RT @mynameiskate: You can link your flickr & twitter accounts here: http://www.flickr.com/account/blogs/add/twitter
Someone understands the value of humor – namely Pringles with their brilliant ad. I went click crazy with this it – which says plenty.
In early June Canada Help's "My Charity Connects"
conference ran as part of Net Change Week. Many of the presentations,
which dealt with nonprofits and social media – are now on Vimeo. (Self
promotional note: 2 of my talks (keynote & re: Twitter)
at the conference are there as well). There's much goodness in the
talks, and one of my favorites was Peter Deitz's inspiring keynote, "I Am Not An ATM Machine: Your Charity From The Donor Perspective".)
Hive mind, hive vengeance: AT&T becomes a trending topic on Twitter as the swarm focuses on Adam Savage's $11,000 phone bill.
Interesting list… MLRC: Legal Actions Against Bloggers
"This list, maintained by the Media Law Resource Center, lists legal
cases in the United States in which bloggers have been sued for libel,
privacy and related claims, or been subject to criminal investigations
Hey kids:You too could become a Social Media Douche Bag! Find out how!
This Week's Video Meme(s)
I'm not sure Annie will be OK after viewing this video…
(hat tip Raincoaster)
….or that any of this mob's "victims" will be. But I, for one, can never
resist a video containing dancing (animals or flashmobs are no exception).
(hat tip @met2art