Here are the latest press releases of interest we’ve received at One Degree.
- Canada’s Yummiest Mummy Contest Site Launched – Moms, get those cameras rolling! This interactive contest has moms creating and upload videos of themselves in the hopes of winning prizes from a variety of corporate sponsors. Registered users vote for their favourite videos. Check out www.yummiestmummy.com for full contest details.
- Dave Networks Launches IPTV Client On Millions of HP Notebooks – Dave Networks announced a deal with Hewlett-Packard to ship a new P2P video streaming technology dubbed NEXT.TV that will ship with millions of Hewlett-Packard notebooks beginning in late September. At launch, NEXT.TV will feature more than fifty channels with programming across all genres. Channels and programs available on NEXT.TV vary by geographic region and include programming from around the world.
A preview demo of NEXT.TV ‘s capabilities may be viewed here: http://www.next.tv/hp/demo.html. The username “nexttv” and the password “hpdemo” will give you access to the preview.
- Ipsos Reid Releases Survey on “Greenest” Tech Brands – Ipsos-Reid recently released survey results that share the tech brands that consumers perceive as the “greenest” as well as green/enviro factors that drive consumer tech purchases.
- Proximity Canada Builds Human Bridge for the People of Minneapolis – Interactive agency Proximity Canada showed its support for colleagues and the people of Minneapolis affected by the recent bridge collapse with the launch of the Human Bridge, a website where where people can come together virtually to share messages of support and make charitable donations.
- TIFF Offers Limited Free Tickets to Interactive Ontario Members for Industry Panel on Social Networks – Looking for something keen to do on Saturday, Sept 8th from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. at the Royal Ontario Museum? Come check out SOCIAL NETWORKS: Connecting Filmmakers to Audiences with Christine Moore from Myspace and other guest speakers
If you’re interested in attending this industry panel discussion for free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.Tickets available on a first-come, first-served basis.