Many mid-sized organizations are in the process of redesigning their website, but few have the required capabilities to design their website internally. Use this research note to understand the benefits that web design consultants can deliver. Additionally, use Demand Metric’s downloadable Website Design RFP Template to compare vendors systematically based on pre-determined requirements.
Website Design Consulting Benefits:
Consultants are great at focusing the attention of senior executives who can otherwise be difficult to engage. Consider purchasing a Business Requirements Workshop professional service to build organizational alignment on the role & risks of web programs.
- Better Organizational Alignment – consultants are great at focusing the attention of senior executives who can otherwise be difficult to engage. Consider purchasing a Business Requirements Workshop professional service to build organizational alignment on the role & risks of web programs.
- In-depth Expertise – not only do consultants know the vendors very well, they have loads of experience with developing and refining business requirements, which are the foundation of a successful website redesign.
- Additional Resources – many organizations need additional help to complete a website redesign project. Help with defining business and technical requirements, back-end systems integration, search engine optimization, content management system training and maintenance are key areas where your partner consulting firm can add value and business benefit.
- Define Business Requirements – engage your website program team and gather Web Requirements by department. Use our Web Requirements Priority Index to logically prioritize each requirement based on Strategic Fit, Economic Impact, and Feasibility.
- Determine Success Measures – build a Web Marketing Scorecard, define Web Metrics Reporting, and develop a Website Program Action Plan, to identify how success of your website project will be measured.
- Conduct a Competitive Analysis – use our Competitive Website Analysis Tool to benchmark your website before and after your redesign to demonstrate a measurable improvement in relation to your top 2 competitors.
- Find a Consulting Partner – use our Website Design RFP Template to present your requirements to the market. Partner with the firm that can meet your key selection criteria, provides a real service-level agreement, and has at least 10 solid references in your industry.
Demand Metric is not a sponsor. At the Direct Marketing Association of Toronto we have negotiated a special bundle price for a group of tools. (These are amzing btw!) Currently, we have a Lead Generation and Marketing & Branding packages. Here at One Degree I felt that some of the online tools might be beneficial and of interest.
If you are interested in One Degree offering the Demand Metric tools at a special package price please let me know at mose [at] onedegree [dot] ca. You can. of course, go there now and buy them at their regular price. This is not a formal endorsement, we are not being paid for this, I simply like the tools.
If you are interested in the Lead Generation or Marketing packages you can purchase them at the DMAT site.